Commentary herein is generally smart-arsed and not intended to be taken too seriously. The targeted audience are all familiar with the keeper of the blog and there are times that little or no effort will be made to make this a more universally accessible read. On the other hand, there are from time-to-time things that might be of interest to folks that can find it within themselves to look beyond the fact that most of what is posted are photos for friends and family far away. Among the topics to be covered with some regularity are:
1. Pubs –> Rule: one  pint at each or a 500 ml can outside if out of business, OR substitute 50 mL of spirits in either instance (new rule in force from pub #701 onward as winter approaches) — first visit to a pub, primarily, but also notable subsequent visits. Note also: ‘out-of-business’ pubs are only allowed for those with a spectacular back story (new codicil as of the push a week or so before the 1000th pub).
2. Progress in the “Run Across Britain,” a long term effort to cover as many miles of roads and pedestrian rights-of-way as possible during what I hope to be a permanent stay here.
3. Strange turns of phrase that make one giggle (and other generally juvenile and/or crude humour)
4. News from UK and Europe (usually related to item 3, above)
5. European attitudes toward US
6. Food and Drink not covered within a pub visit review
7. Architecture and History
9. Anything else that strikes my fancy
Editorially, I will strike through corrections of fact and type the updated info in red. Spelling and grammar, when I bother to make it readable, will be corrected without leaving a trail. I’ll make an effort but most of this wouldn’t stand up in court, anyways.
Thanks for dropping by.